TORRES QUEVEDO AIDS
Torres Quevedo Aids.
PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM
To favor the professional development of researchers, and to stimulate the demand in the private sector for personnel sufficiently prepared to undertake R&D plans and projects, and to help the consolidation of newly created technology companies.
The following entities may be beneficiaries of the aid: businesses (including “spin-offs” and the Young Innovative Companies), station-wide technology centers, support centers for technological innovation at the state level, business associations and science and technology parks.
TYPES OF PROJECT
Hiring of PhDs to develop industrial research projects, experimental development projects or preliminary feasibility studies
REQUIREMENTS OF THE PROJECTS
- The aid will have a duration of three years.
- The aid must be used to carry out R&D activities in addition to those that the company is currently carrying out, and the need and the incentive effect of the aid must be justified.
- It is possible to apply for aids for PhDs already hired by the applicant at the time of submitting the request for this aid, provided that the person was hired after 09/02/2017, the end date of the 2016 call for aid applications.
The aid will be used to co-finance the salary and the employer’s Social Security contribution for the researchers hired during each of the annuities.
TYPE AND INTENSITY OF AID
- The amount of the aid will be determined based on the cost of hiring (gross salary plus Social Security employer’s contribution), the type of project and the type of entity, taking into account the following gross maximum aids according to the type of beneficiary: 70 to 50% for Industrial Research projects and Feasibility Studies and 45 to 25% for Experimental Development projects.
- The maximum contracting cost that can be financed by aid can not exceed €55,000/year, without prejudice to the fact that the gross salary specified in the contract may result in a higher hiring expense. Only hiring costs for annual gross salaries equal to or greater than €18,000 will be eligible for financing.
The period for submission of applications will be from January 11 to February 1 2018.