INDUSTRIAL PHD AID
Industrial PHD Aid
PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM
Training of PhDs in companies through the co-financing of the employment contracts of the research personnel in training who participate in an industrial research project or in experimental development conducted in the company, forming part of their dissertation, in order to promote the labor insertion of researchers in companies, to contribute to the employability of these researchers and to promote the incorporation of talent in the productive fabric to increase its competitiveness.
The entities that can benefit from the aid are businesses.
TYPES OF PROJECT
Industrial research or experimental development projects that are executed in their entirety in the company or in collaboration between the company and another public or private entity.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE PROJECTS
- R&D activities must be carried out in industrial research or experimental development projects that result in a doctoral thesis on topics of interest and relevance to the company and that form part of a line of research developed by the same, justifying the need and the incentive effect of the aid.
- The grants will last for four years and the PhD must be obtained in the first three years.
The aid will comprise three concepts: aid for financing contracts (destined to co-finance the salary and the employer’s Social Security payment for the researchers in training hired during each of the annuities), aid for the stays in R&D entities and aid to finance the tuition fees of the doctorate program.
TYPE AND INTENSITY OF AID
- Aid for stays in R&D entities: €400 for each researcher hired.
- Aid to finance the costs of the doctorate program tuition fees: €500 per researcher.
- The maximum contracting cost that can be financed by aid will be €21,800/year, the gross salary that appears in the contract may result in a higher contracting expense. The minimum salary will be €16,422 gross/year.
- The intensities that will be assigned to each proposed request will be the maximum that correspond, according to the type of project and entity, along to the following percentages: from 50 to 70% for industrial research projects and from 25 to 45% for experimental development projects.
Start: 18/01/2018. End 08/02/2018.