CDTI Call News
CDTI Call News.
On March 20 IMPULSO participated in the conference in Madrid organised by the Centre for Industrial Technological Development (Centro para el Desarrollo Tecnológico Industrial or CDTI), where NEWS was shared on the 2018 calls to finance R&D&I projects, and we’d like to take this opportunity to tell you more.
There is also even fresher news: the Cabinet meeting, held last Friday 23, authorised the CDTI to release the call for 2018 for a maximum of 800 million euros to finance R&D business projects within the framework of the 2017-2020 State Plan on Technical and Scientific Investigation and Innovation, which forecasts financing around 1,650 projects.
NEWS ON PROGRAMMES TRADITIONALLY CALLED BY CDTI
- Traditional RD&I projects:
- The loan’s total amount goes up from 75% to 85% generally, not just when co-financed by FEDER.
- The advance payment goes up from 25% to 35%, with a maximum of €250,000 (previously it was €200,000).
- Companies can choose from 7 to 10 years for repayment.
- TRLs of up to 7-8 accepted. Today capped at TRL 6.
- Is applying the RD&I changes.
- Minimum budget stays at €5M, but the amount to be financed can drop to €4.5M.
- The minimum budget per partner shrinks to €175,000.
- Smaller and more flexible consortiums.
- Ongoing call with two cut-off dates (the first call is very soon).
- Budget provision: €100M.
- FEDER INNTERCONECTA:
- Call for 2018, including Andalusia, Castile-La Mancha, Castile-Leon, the Canary Islands, Extremadura, and Murcia. (Planned for May).
- Call for 2019, including Andalusia, Extremadura, Galicia, and Valencia Com.
- Provision: €50M.
- Two calls in the year: May (already published) and September (planned).
- Provision: €10M.
- Call should open in June.
- Provision: €25M.
NEW CALLS ANNOUNCED BY CDTI
The opening of new calls for 2018 was also mentioned:
- AID FOR INNOVATIVE GROWTH (AYUDAS AL CRECIMIENTO INNOVADOR): Credit line to acquire innovative fixed assets, including a small non-refundable part. Only for FEDER areas.
- Operational Programme of the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF): Projects in the fishery and aquaculture industry in RD&I and capex.
- SME HORIZON (HORIZONTE PYME): Aid for phase 1 and phase 2 SME instrument projects not subsidised but with high ratings.
- PROOF OF CONCEPT (PRUEBAS DE CONCEPTO): Call to validate disruptive technology.
- PRIMA: R&D cooperation projects for agro-food systems and water supply in the Mediterranean area.
- CERVERA: Initiative for technology groups led by technological institutes or centres focused on achieving leadership in key tech for the future.