IDEPA opens the R & D aids
in the scope of the RIS3 Program for companies of Asturias
IMPULSO is pleased to inform you that the Institute of Economic Development of the Principality of Asturias (IDEPA) has opened the 2019 call for aid for R & D projects, which has a budget of € 4 Million, expandable by € 2 Million, with the purpose of financing R & D Projects framed in the fields of specialization of Asturias RIS3, whose purpose is to obtain new products, processes or new or improved services.
Below, we summarize the main characteristics of these aids:
SMEs and large companies (excluding self-employed, C.B. and civil societies), with establishment in the Principality of Asturias.
TYPES OF PROJECTS
Industrial Research or Experimental Development Projects, both individual and cooperative, as well as technical feasibility studies. Two types of execution:
- Modality 1. Projects developed directly by the company: Industrial research; Experimental development.
- Modality 2. Projects outsourced entirely to an external R & D provider: Industrial research; Experimental development; technical feasibility studies.
REQUIREMENT OF THE PROJECTS
- Start the project after the date of submission of the application. The end date of the project will be established in the concession resolution and in no case will exceed 12/31/2021.
- Priority fields RIS Asturias: Advanced and sustainable materials; New production models; Supply, technology for networks; Agri-food market; Demographic aging and quality of life; Industrial pole of steel.
- The projects carried out by the beneficiary company in its establishment in Asturias, and its results must remain or have a tangible impact in the region.
- The eligible amount in the same fiscal year may not exceed 50% of the turnover for the last financial year, except for companies incorporated in the previous two years.
- The eligible personnel costs may not exceed 50% of the personnel expenses of the last year closed, except for companies incorporated in the two previous years.
- a) Fixed assets (amortizations).
- b) Technical Staff (contribution groups 1,2 y 3).
- c) Materials.
- d) External collaborations.
- e) Acquisition of patents.
- Modality 1. The costs of sections d) and e) will be considered subcontracting. Subcontracting may amount to a maximum of 50% of the total eligible amount of the project. If that percentage is exceeded, only 50% will be considered eligible.
- Modality 2. The eligible costs are exclusively those in section d), corresponding to external collaboration with an external R & D provider. The beneficiary must subcontract 100% of the eligible costs with that supplier.
TYPE AND INTENSITY OF GRANT
Non-repayable grant, the maximum amount of which depends on the type of project and the size of the company:
The intensity of aid in projects carried out in effective collaboration in which an SME participates can be increased by 5%, and if one of the participants is a patron of a Technology Center that has been subcontracted for the project, it can be increased by 5% additional.
The projects will have a maximum eligible amount per company, as indicated:
- Modality 1: Maximun per project: 250.000 €.
- Modality 2: R&D 200.000 euros; Feasibility studies: 50.000 euros.
The total amount of aid received by a company in this call will not exceed € 800,000.
Currently open, until 2:00 PM on 05/06/2019.